CGN published the following article about Navie xpress, a new Omega design.
New public transport vessels: CGN is expanding its services and reducing its emissions
Early January Compagnie Générale de Navigation sur le lac Léman SA (CGN) announced the award of the construction contract for two new hybrid technology boats for public transport on Lake Geneva, with a capacity of 700 people each. They will be built by the Swiss company Shiptec and designed by the offices of Omega Architects and Van Oossanen (NL). With these units which will enter service in 2022 and 2023, this is a new offer, dubbed Navie xpress, which will be implemented with increased rates, increased capacities, and improved comfort. The consumption of new boats will be reduced by more than 40% compared to current boats, and the attractiveness of the new services will encourage the transfer of the car to public transport for travel between the shores of the lake. Once the two units are in service, a boat trip between France and Switzerland will generate 30 times less CO2 than by private car.
The two new boats are equipped with solar panels on the roof, for additional electrical supply. The possibility of subsequent re-engineering with even more environmentally friendly technology is ensured. Thanks in particular to an aluminum hull with a particularly elaborate profile, innovative propellers and the use of very light composite materials, these two new units are at the forefront of what the naval industry produces today, while offering the reliability and simplicity of operation essential to units called upon to sail with maximum punctuality 18 hours a day for 11 months out of 12.
60m Passenger Ferry
- Hull type: Mono-hull Fast Displacement + Hull vane
- Hull material/ super structure: Aluminum
- Design year: 2020/2021
- Capacity: 700 passengers (600 seats)
- Crew members: 4
- Number of bridges: 3
- Main bridge: 2 class; Lounge & bar – silence area
- Upper bridge: 2 class – 1 class – silence area
- Sun deck: 1 class
- Passenger elevator: yes
- Wheelchair infrastructure: yes
- Infrastructure for people with reduced mobility: yes
- Access to all bridges for people with disabilities: yes
- Boarding time reduced to 3 minutes
- Digital and modern screens
- 4 outdoor terraces
- Propulsion hybrid parallel system with low consumption and technological compatibility upward
- Low sound level